Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Notes

It is early return week at school. This means we go there for three days this week and get paid extra to sit in meetings in the morning and work on our rooms in the afternoon. The meetings have been so exhausting that I haven't gotten all that much done in my room. Today I almost took a nap at my desk because I was so tired.
Anyway, I'm going to be the team leader this year for my team. This is a pretty big honor considering that this is only my second year teaching. Really, I know it's just a result of the two senior members of my team being department chairs and therefore being ineligible to be a team leader. It was okay for me to know this, but it kindof hurt when my principal, after congratulating me and me making a comment that my boyfriend was surprised by this said, "Well, it was a process of elimination. Tricia couldn't do it because she's department chair and Peggy couldn't do it because at the time we were picking team leaders she was still the science department chair [she has recently been replaced to her great joy] and you have seniority over Malcom [the long term sub from last year who has been hired for this year]." Gee, thanks Mr. Davis! Way to make a girl feel special.
Today, my cats have been exceedingly cute. I was doing crunches on the floor near a cabinet. Both cats hopped up on the cabinet and were looking down at me with their little cat faces showing right next to each other. It was cute. They were sitting together and looking at me. It made my heart smile.
Also, I found a tasty alternative to cinnabon popcorn. Air pop popcorn and then melt a tablespoon of butter (or, in my case the margarine that's made with yogurt), cinnamon, and splenda and sprinkle over popcorn. Very delicious.
Time to try to go to bed while the cats chase each other around the apartment. At least they like each other and the new table and chairs they enjoy sitting upon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kayla said...

Congratulations on your backhanded complimentary position of team leader for the year.
Still, that will sound pretty snazzy on a resume whenever you change schools... "2004 - new teacher; 2005 - Team leader."
Kitties are adorable; I have several pictures of our neighborhood cats that may go up on the webshots 2 page soon once I get film developed from Ryan's visit here!
Miss you and good luck with the beginning of schooL!

8/26/2005 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home