Thursday, August 11, 2005

Think Positive Thoughts

Here are the things I should be doing today. As you read the blog, please send positive energy my way so that I can complete these tasks.
  • do the dishes
  • make a grocery list
  • clean the washer and dryer area
  • clean the refrigerator
  • clean the cabinets (wipe them down, get the chocolate residue off the front of the fridge)
  • go shopping for food so I can make the Indian recipes I downloaded
  • go shopping for some sort of cabinet to hold the telephone (it needs to be something different from the baker's rack I'm going to order online tomorrow)
  • make food
  • research grad schools for spring semester
  • set up banking software program
I have set a list of fairly ambitious collection of things to do tomorrow. Let's see if they actually get done since I haven't been good at being productive for the past two days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

How did the food turn out? I'm under the impression that Indian food takes a lot of effort... what did you make, exactly?

8/13/2005 12:28 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

It took a long time because I stupidly made like six things. Okay, that's a bit of an exageration, but I made things that required me to make other things. I made matar paneer - I made the paneer from scratch and it takes a long time to drain and set correctly. I made naan. That takes a long time to rise. Our naan turned out a little too biscuity, but we fixed it by stretching it before cooking. I made spiced rice (simple because we have a rice cooker). I also made a spinch and lentil dish. Once I made the paneer, the matar paneer was quite easy (although the recipe I used told me to put in corn and bell peppers -- I had to adjust that). The spinch lentil thing was fast and the naan cooking just required Ben and I to sit around the broiler and cook some for about fifteen/twenty minutes. All in all, it was pretty good. Ben liked it and complimented me, so that's good. He even liked the lentil dish (I have a predetermined dislike of lentils after being forced to eat them in cold salads for their health properties by my mother). I'm now making kheer and it does take a long, long time to cook. I am actually looking for some better recipes because allrecipes (where they came from) is lacking and I know there must be better ones out there.

8/13/2005 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home