Monday, April 18, 2005

Grocery Shopping

I totally weirded a guy out in the grocery store today. First of all, I was in the feminine hygiene aisle looking to see if they had any sales on tampons. Well, they did. First, I saw the OB Silk-Ease regular tampons on clearance in both the twenty and forty counts. So, I grabbed those and did a happy little hop. However, my joy was not yet finished. Then, I saw the other boxes on clearance. I had always wondered why they didn't make OB Silk-Ease tampons in more absorbencies beside regular. Most women need to catch more fluid. I never owned a regular strength tampon from the time I was twelve until I went on birth control pills when I was in college. My periods were never light enough to justify something that could only catch 9 grams.
Anyway, my cup runneth over with joy when I saw the multi pack of OB Silk-Ease tampons that was even less costly than just the regular absorbency. I bought two. I did a little twirl. The 30 something guy looked at me with a visage reflecting his disbelief that anyone could get excited in the tampon isle. I showed him!
Also, the guy at the checkout who reminds me of Bob from SLC punk totally mispronounced my last name and kept apologizing. Honestly, I know my name is difficult to pronounce and I don't expect strangers to pronounce it correctly after only briefly glancing at it.
On a last-name-related note, one of my more annoying students has started calling me Ms. Schnebs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kayla said...

Hey Ms. Schnebes... I told you to watch out for nicknames!

And, I also have scared an old man in the tampon aisle. My happiness was to find the old OB with applicators 5 months after they'd been discontinued, and I put like 8 boxes in the cart. The 80+ guy said something to the extent of "Rough month ahead?" then went back to pick out toilet paper.

Unfortunately, I had no witty retort about how he must be having a busy year on the can with all the TP he was buying, but I was too happy with my find to be bothered by my normal impulse to be scathing. :)

4/18/2005 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home