Saturday, January 21, 2006

Matchpoint

I went out on a date with my wonderful boyfriend tonight. We went to the new movie theatre near our apartment and went to see Matchpoint (it was a compromise between what I wanted to see ( Brokeback Mountain and what he really didn't want to see, Tristan and Isolde). I had not heard much about the movie, so I didn't know what I was getting in to. Here are some highlights without giving away the ending.
1. It has the hot guy from Bend It Like Beckham and you get to stare at his sexy face and bone structure thought many parts of the movie since there are many intense close ups of him brooding.
2. Excellent chemistry between him and the leading lady
3. Sexy British accents
4. An ending that stays true to the whole message of the movie

Then we went to TGI Fridays. It sucks for vegetarians. I wish I would have gotten the Cinnabon cheesecake because it might have saved the lackluster food. However, I did see an awful example of stereotypical behavior. There was this Hispanic guy in his 20's or 30's who came into the restaurant wearing a polo shirt from McDonald's or some place like that. He asked this guy who was waiting if he had to wait in line, or if he could just go up to the bar, but, he said it in the stereotypical Hispanic guy voice. His rambling went like this, "Hey, esse, do I have to wait to get to the bar. Man, all I want is a cerveza." Teenage girl walks past him. "Hey senorita, looking good." Looks around and stares at her ass while jeering and making a clicking noise with his mouth. It was so wrong.

After that, to top off the date, we went to Safeway for grocery shopping. So romantic.

2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

annalee needs to join myspace.

2/28/2006 7:15 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I am hesitant to do that because all my students are on myspace. I generally don't want them anywhere near my out of school life.

3/04/2006 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home