Sunday, November 13, 2005

Number of things messed up by my inability to temper my use of spices in the past week:

Two

1. Pear Sauce. I went a bit overboard on the cardamom in the last twenty minutes of cooking. Now I'm looking for things to cook it in that will temper it's overabundance of spices.

2. Baked apples. These are still in the oven, but I can tell by the caramel sauce I made that they will most likely be bad. I put too much stevia in the sauce and it has a weird herbally after taste. It might be good, because I did put lemon juice in the caramel sauce to make it less sweet and I didn't put any sweetener on the apples. Although I did put the aforementioned pear sauce on top of the apples before I put the bisquick made biscuits on top of them and then drowned them in the caramelish sauce. Who knows. It should be done in a bit and I'll see if I need to throw it away. I wish I lived with a whole bunch of idiot guys so they can just eat the stuff I mess up on like on a dare to one another.

Ben was nice though tonight and went to Baja Fresh and got me a bean and cheese burrito and quesodilla. Mmmm...Baja Fresh.

Ben would like to add that,

I have a black kitty cat. He has ears. They are black and furry. Go kitty cat, go! Yay team!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kayla said...

that sucks that you overdid the cardamom... they were tasting so fabulous before I left!

Really, how can you put too much caramel sauce on anything?

11/17/2005 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear benanna.
we are having a christmas/holiday get together on december 10th you should come. you should also come to nina's birthday party this saturday in berwyn heights.

love,
Parker

11/30/2005 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home