Sunday, November 06, 2005

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I haven't had a good dream in a very, very long time. Last night my dream included me being pregnant and in my second trimester and getting ready to go to a wedding and being in the wedding party of a girl I haven't seen or spoke to since my freshman year of high school. For some reason I was so out of the loop on this wedding that I didn't know if I had the right dress (really, it was reversible, the dress, and I wasn't sure which side to wear) and I was worried if it would fit me because I was pregnant and hadn't tried it on before then. I was also sleeping in my room at home and had clover planted in a pot in my room because I was supposed to wear clover in the wedding. I didn't know how I was supposed to get my hair done, or what shoes I needed to wear, or when I was supposed to be there for the wedding. Then, the next thing I know, I'm in the lobby of a hotel and talking to people from various, unrelated parts of my life. Another of the brides maids is someone I knew in fifth grade (when I didn't know the person who was supposed to be the bride). Then, I talk with another person I knew from college (who I had hoped I would never see/talk to again) and who I really wasn't friends with at all. Then, I woke up. It was a very weird dream. One, because I am not pregnant. Two, because really, there's no wedding action happening anytime in the near future. Three, because the like three different women in the dream were not at all related to one another except through me. It would make sense if all the women were from the same time period and happened to know each other, but they were kindof from three distinct periods of my life. The only weirder thing would have been if someone of them would have been friends from California. Not to mention, that these three different women would have never met each other before. Also, it was weird because I never saw the bride in my dream. I think I saw the guy she was marrying, but I think I put him in the dream because it was his ninth-grade self who happened to be dating the girl at the time I knew her. I don't know, maybe this was all triggered by the movie Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen which, when I watched it last night, reminded me of another friend whose name came up in the dream as the person to ask for the missing information on the wedding preparations because the character Lindsey Lohan plays in the movie reminds me a lot of this person.

Anyway, I just want dreams that don't freak me out and that have a pleasant situation portrayed in them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

At least you weren't building a go-cart with your ex-landlord.

I love weird dreams like that... you really cant make stuff like that up.

11/07/2005 12:05 PM  
Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

yeah... and you weren't sitting naked with your ex-girlfriend in a bath filled with milk and corn pops (which I hate)... I fear I've said too much.

11/08/2005 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home