Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Six Years

Today is Ben and my six year anniversary. Six years. That's a long time. That's 27% of my life so far.
It's 5:30 and Ben isn't home yet. He said yesterday that it would be really funny if he had me believing that we weren't going to do anything on or anniversary (which we aren't since he had to get up really early this morning and all this week and is working outside in excruciating heat all day -- he's sweaty and tired when he comes home) and then he would come home and propose. He said he's definitely not doing that and really wants to surprise me and make me think that he's like mad at me and then propose when I least expect it.

I finished the six Harry Potter book for the second time today. I almost cried in the middle of class - it is a bit sad.

This kids in summer school aren't as smart as the other group. I thought they would be smarter -- or at least as smart -- but they're not. The math teacher actually like chewed a kid out today in class for asking too many questions and really, for getting mad when she didn't call on him with his hand raised to answer a question. It made me giggle when she told the story because she's not a very laid back person.

Now for some things that happened in the past week:

1. Tim's cat is pretty cute. I cheated and figured out how to get her to sleep on my lap.

2. The swim team banquet on Saturday was ridiculously boring.

3. I did a lot of laundry yesterday.

4. That's about it. I didn't do much more than that.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on 6 years with Ben. Good Luck with summer school. I have some exciting news as others are learning- I will try to call ya tomorrow

7/27/2005 10:23 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Congratulations on 6 years! Oh... and read the book twice?? i read it once so far. 'tis a bit shocking in the end. hmph.

7/28/2005 1:16 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

It's very shocking in the end. It leads me open for all sorts of questions.
1. Is Snape really bad? Was Dumbledore pleading with him to do what he did or was he pleading to be saved? I think, in the end, when Harry inevitably has to sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort, Snape will be there by his side to help him.
2. Who is RAB? (Ben thinks it is Sirius's brother, his name starts with an R -- also, when they are cleaning out Sirius's house in the fifth book they find a large, heavy locket that no one can open).

I think that's enough nerdy Harry Potter musings for one comment.

7/28/2005 7:48 AM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Did I mention you are too cute recently? Well, you are. :)

Happy anniversary to the fantabulous Annalee and Ben... I guess if you guys got your names joined together you'd be Bennalee.

So, happy anniversary Bennalee! Hehe

7/30/2005 10:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

only pretty Cute? Thats it, I'm gonna have Chloe claw your eyes out.

Congratulations and whatnot for the whole 6 years thing. I was trying to think of some funny comment about 6 years, but I got nothing. Its somewhere between an election cycle and a cicada cycle and its just kinda no mans land. But its still a damn long time.

Finally, Ben and Anna's names smooshed together is BenAnna, not this Benalee crap your trying to instate. shame on you for saying somethign I dont agree with.

8/01/2005 12:22 PM  
Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

Six years is unfathomable to me. I haven't dated anyone longer than six months. I remember when you were "this" big... or rather when Matt was being melodramatic about being "stabbed in the back" and all that jazz. I think if he'd known that you guys were going to be together this long, he wouldn't have been so upset.

Also, my brother has been dating the same girl for six years and they're getting married in November. I'm not saying you guys need to get married (I don't need any of my friends getting married any time soon...), but in case you do, you should check out this href="http://www.confetticakes.com"> website.

8/02/2005 6:49 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

I'll agree to this less than uber-creative combination of "BenAnna," with the caveat that we slightly change the sound of the E in Ben's name so it sounds more like a jamaican person saying banana... more like "bonana."

I mean, com'on... Anna changed the pronounciation of milk, I think this is an acceptable compromise.

Otherwise, I'll just live in my own little world anyway and use whatever I want and there's nothing you can do to stop me. :)

8/03/2005 7:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, you guys said you might be free this weekend for us to come visit. let us know if you still are. I think kevin is having a birthday party for crystal here saturday, so friday would probably be better, but either would work. you could also come to our place for the party, but we owe you a visit to your place

8/04/2005 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home