Monday, June 13, 2005

Updates

New York trip on Friday was enjoyable - except for the bus ride there and home. The kids were awful. They were shining laser pointers towards the front of the bus and I didn't feel like dying that night, so I freaked out a little on them the second time I saw a laser pointer. They laughed at me today because when I scream, my voice cracks. Then they started to throw things at each other and kept pressing the call button to the bus driver's annoyance. He was funny though and started turning off the air conditioning every time they hit the call button. They didn't figure it out until I explained it to them. Anyway, it was really a long, exhausting day that started at 3:30 in the morning and didn't end until 1:30 in the morning. I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep.

I went to a teacher picnic thing today. It was a bit of a waste to drive all the way out to Reston for about an hour and a half meeting with gross food that I don't eat (pork barbeque, baked beans with meat swimming in it, potato salad, and brownies with nuts.) By the time we got there on this grossly hot afternoon people had taken all the drinks. It was enjoyable though to sit out with some of the other teachers and talk. However, it was a bit blah because these people who I do things with once a month are pretty much all planning on leaving the area in two to three years.

Cindy, a fellow teacher from the group, is pregnant. This is exciting since she told us that she was trying earlier this year. It kindof makes me want to start having children. Or, at least get married. I don't know, I think I could enjoy having children now. I know I could really enjoy getting engaged.

Another teacher in the group bought his girlfriend and engagement ring in January and still hasn't given it to her. I am going to be really mad if Ben did something like that. I don't know how he can stand it. If I were here I'd be really annoyed. But maybe that's just me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Shut up. You know what I meant. He bought his girlfriend an engagement ring.

6/14/2005 7:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thats prolly a stupid idea... Most jewelers only have like a 30 day return policy... What if the girlfreind says no? Then he's screwed.

On a side note, Elizabeth wont let Ben marry us. She wants to have one of those ordained "Priest" dealies. What the hell is up with that? She is also opposed to any kilt wearing by my groomsmen. This whole engagement thing is far less hilarious than I expected. Evidently Its supposed to be taken seriously... Go figure

6/14/2005 2:59 PM  
Blogger aducore said...

Ben, don't you dare ruin sun dresses for me. Shave your legs first god-damnit.

6/15/2005 11:01 AM  
Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

Ben you should become a priest so you can Tim and Elizabeth.

And I vote Ben wear a muumuu (with the priest's collar) to the wedding. That way he still doesn't have to wear pants, he won't ruin sun dresses for Ducore, and we still get to laugh at him.

6/16/2005 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home