Sunday, February 06, 2005

La Sigh

I need a vacation. I need another week off from school. I am so utterly exhausted with everything. I hope I get a nice recharge since my apartment now has like normal furniture and less empty cardboard boxes in it. That should be nice.
I haven't had many problems so far this year making myself grade papers, however, I could only make myself grade one small period's worth of work. Good thing my kids haven't had to turn much in for the past couple of weeks. I've got to get benchmarks done this week before Thursday. I have training on Wednesday and will probably have to come back to school after training to get things finished. I hate that, that really sucks.
I feel compulsive eating coming on. It's bad, I was doing so well keeping myself balanced even though I was traveling many, many mile a day. Now that the commute is gone, things seem to have gotten worse. I don't know, maybe moving is more stressful and exhausting that I planned for it to be.
On a positive note, I think I'm finally getting better. I've been sick since the first week of January and I can finally talk and go hours between nose-blows.
On a less positive note, I think I'm getting depressed because I can't motivate myself to do anything. I haven't been like this all year. I feel the procrastinator coming back with a vengeance. I guess that I now have time to do things during the week, I don't do things on the weekend. This is bad because I haven't had time to do things during the week. Like this week, I've got a lot to do during my afternoons and evenings. I have to go grocery shopping, clean the bathroom, clean the kitchen, do laundry, put my clothes in my dressers, etc. I have a boatload of stuff I've been putting off to do at school. I need to let some parents know about the Saturday SOL enrichment, check in Tangerine books, let kids know that they haven't turned in books, start literature circles with my GT kids, benchmarks, grade essays, teach writing,and freak out because the SOL writing test is only a month away and many of them are not going to pass...And then my administrator keeps asking me to do things, like go to Whitman Loves To Read Night. I hate to say no because it is such a worthy thing, however, I need some down time. I'm planning on going to SOL enrichment this Saturday and I don't know if I'll burn myself out doing all this extra stuff at school, but then I don't feel good turning all this down.
Argh. I think I'm just going to go to bed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to give you a call one day this week; when is a good time?

2/08/2005 8:34 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

I need to give you a call one day this week; when is a good time?

2/08/2005 8:34 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Maybe today around four or five. I should be home and I'll have my cell phone on. I have training today! Woo Hoo!

2/09/2005 7:32 AM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Hmm, I didn't check your blog yesterday (Wednesday) b/c I had so much going on. Was your request for a call for Wed or Thursday?
Meh, regardless, let me know when the next good time is :)

2/10/2005 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home