Tuesday, January 18, 2005

So, what are you doing on Saturday and Sunday?

If you answered nothing important, then you can have free pizza! Yes, free pizza! How can you get this wonderful and tasty food, you ask? Well, it's simple. You just need to help Ben and I move into our new apartment on Saturday and Sunday. Or one day or the other. It's not too far away (it's in Alexandria), located right off the Beltway (our backyard is simply a parking strip and a row of trees away from I-495).
Yeah, we are either signing our lease tomorrow or Friday. We originally scheduled for Friday, but since I'll be in Baltimore, it's probably going to be a lot easier to change it to Wednesday so I can stop by right after school.
It's a really nice place. One bedroom and one bathroom with a loft. The loft is fantastic because it means the living room is like two stories tall and has a large window looking on to the beltway. The bedroom has a vaulted ceiling and the loft is big enough to make a nice office for both of us. The kitchen is really small, but it does have a full sized washer and dryer. There is a lot of parking (and it's not parallel parking, either!). It is about $300 more a month than we wanted to spend, but after looking around Alexandria, we were going to be paying about as much as we are now for any sort of really nice place. I like this place because it has outdoor hallways (it really reminds me of an apartment building or condo community at Ocean City). Also, for Kayla's benefit (and jealousy), it has a Roman soaking tub. The complex is only 2.5 years old and they have a really nice cardio theatre (think about three of each treadmills, elliptical, and bikes each with their own plasma screen tv with cable). There is also an outdoor pool, picnic areas, free metro shuttle, and it's located on Van Dorn (the whole area over there is like Rockville Pike with overpasses). Also, there is a minigolf/water slide park nearby, and we are about five minutes from Landmark mall. So, I'm pretty excited, and really stressed. I'm going to be out of town on Thursday and Friday and I will have no time to pack up any of my stuff. My plan is to get all my stuff from storage and my basement and move it in this weekend. If you do help us move, you'll be happy to know that we probably won't be moving in anything really really heavy. The bed, couch, and big chair are in storage in Ocean City. So, you'll just have to move like boxes and bags (and maybe a TV, computer, and chair or two). Also, it's on the fourth floor and there is no elevator, so you will get all of your cardio workout done for the week in one day while helping friends!

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have to check with the boss (aka Elizabeth) to see what we are doing this weekend. Hopefully we can lend a hand.

I like how you mention that the living room has a big window overlooking the beltway as if it were a big window overlooking a lake, or a beautiful garden, or maybe a mountain vista. Anyway, it sounds like a really nice place. Congrats on finding it.

1/18/2005 10:50 AM  
Blogger aducore said...

I don't have to check with nobody. I'll help you move further s'th. However, if we manage to move everything in on Saturday you can come watch all three extended edition Lord of the Rings in a row on Sunday, as is the current plan. Ben, I know how much you love to sit thr'gh movies, especially long ones, but especially 3 in a row. If not, I've seen the movies and won't be heartbroken if I don't get 9+ hours of sedentary living. Also, we still have your c'ch, if there's room in y'r new place.

1/18/2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Fuzzy, what's with the made up contractions not using vowels? How lazy are you?

1/18/2005 2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new place. I look forward to seeing it at some point in the relatively near future. I wish my apartment building had a work-out room. Though, it does now include two attractive young women living next door. We also do not have a washer and dryer. There's not nearly enough room for something like that. Of course, that's normal for a New York apartment. Oh, and I saw Mike Biagetti yesterday. He seems to be doing well, living in Park Slope, Brooklyn working as a an NYC tour guide. Due to the winter tourist season being over, he's had apply for unemployment benefits. Yup. He's looking for a job in comp sci.

1/18/2005 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last post was from Will, by the way.

1/18/2005 4:28 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

WOW! I am happy that you guys found a place, and so quickly!
This place sounds fabulous; I am jealous of your huge ass bathtub! It'll be odd talking about Anna and not saying MD or DC area...
You'll be in my fucked up state!
Sorry I can't help move, but on the upside, I'm pretty useless once the asthma would kick in on the third flight of stairs, so at least I won't be taking up couch space.
I miss my Anna and I'm sorry you don't have time to pack up your massive amounts of stuff... Ben will be happy though; less for him too move at one time.
BEST OF LUCK BABE! CONGRATULATIONS!

1/19/2005 1:56 AM  
Blogger aducore said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1/19/2005 2:21 PM  
Blogger aducore said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1/19/2005 2:21 PM  
Blogger aducore said...

Anna, do you know none of your Mitch Hedberg references? When he talks about how the south contracts "you all" to "y'all"? And then Mitch goes to show how that's dumb by not pronouncing [ou]s in other words. "I stubbed my tou. 'ch!" It's good you brought up this question before the exam, because 40% of your final grade will be Mitch Hedberg references.

Ben knows what I'm talking ab't.

On another note, did you guys get snow over in the stonegate? We did.

1/19/2005 2:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

assuming there is not a blizzard of apocalyptic proportions this weekend, Elizabeth and I can help you move on whichever day is best for you. But preferably saturday. Let us know

1/20/2005 10:42 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

We think we are going to try to move in on Saturday before the snow starts. If it looks good, you are more than welcome to join us at 10:00 amish at our new place.

1/21/2005 7:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, we tried to get ahold of you this morning, but couldnt. besides it was kinda too snowy to be driving down to VA. But if you need help tomorrow (Sunday), we can come. Let us know. Prolly the best thing to do is call the house in case we dont look at the blog.

1/23/2005 12:35 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Thanks for offering to help last weekend. It was nasty, and it took my parents three times as long to get home after unloading the van. The snow wasn't so bad here, but it was bad going back to Maryland. I think we'll need help next weekend moving Ben's stuff in, but he can talk to you about that.

1/24/2005 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home