Thursday, January 13, 2005

How to feel like you've lost your mind....

So, I turn on the radio this morning and flip through the dials. I hit the station number 3 button and expect to hear the Sports Junkies complaining about unimportant stuff, but instead, I get some music. I think, whatever, this must be an intro or something. Then, they play another song. This song is all in Spanish. Okay, I'm thinking it's like a practical joke. I was totally listening to the Junkies yesterday when I was driving in to training and they didn't say anything about switching formats or something. So, I listen some more because Spanish pop music is catchy, and I hear a station break. Yeah, all in Spanish. And it's not like my radio is messed up because they clearly say "Noventa-nueve punto uno" (which means 99.1). Yeah, I felt like I was going crazy, but no, it was like a completely secret station format switch. And on a Thursday, none the less. Anyway, earlier that morning I had hit a stupid tire tread in the road that got caught under my car. Now there's like a broken part of my front bumper and part of the plastic undercarriage is broken, too. It's okay to drive on, and I'm not going to deal with it until later tonight after I get home from Great Beginnings. And I feel like crap. Stupid cold! But not bad enough to make me feel okay about skipping a meeting. But, I keep like having to cough and I'm congested and gross stuff like that. STUPID BEING SICK!
Anyway, off to do things before I go out and try to fix/jerry-rig my car so it doesn't break any more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kayla said...

It appears that our cars do not want to us get places in an incident free manner. Did they get in cahoots while I was there? I parked my car far away so it wouldn't get influenced by yours!

1/14/2005 10:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, HFS is definately spanish pop now. Actually, I think the new format is called "spanish love songs". I swear, as crappy as their ratings were before switching formats, now their target audience consists of like wheaton. Somehow I doubt the listenership will go up. Sadly, the last HFS memory I will have is listening to love line in my car as my engine died... Thats a pleasant memory. Now I will forever associate HFS with bad things.

1/14/2005 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home