Sunday, June 13, 2004

Pittsburgh

So, my quick trip to Pittsburgh was pretty dull and pointless. After time trials (which lasted like four or five hours because of super slow parents) I was rushed into getting ready to leave for Pittsburgh. Karel and I even had to eat lunch in the car. There was no time to even tell our parents how things went because we had to get out of here. Then we sat in the car for four+ hours. I tried to nap, but the guy who was lecturing on the difference between reform and orthodox Judaism in relation to some document or something kept yelling on the CD and waking me up. And then when my mom drove it was all bumpy and crazy and kept waking me up.
Then we checked into our hotel when we finally arrived and went to my Pap Pap's to pick him up to go to Chili's for dinner. I had the presidente margarita. It was damn tasty. Karel had a virgin strawberry daquiri. HAHAHA. The waitress laughed at her when she sad it in a sad and dejected voice. Then we went to Value City to purchase clothing. I got a couple of tank tops to wear to work so that I won't get as bad of a farmer's tan as usual. I am sunburned, by the way, from time trials and I totally put on sunscreen. I couldn't find a jean skirt, which I've been looking for for a while. I was sad because the shirt I wanted to wear today would look really cute with a jean skirt. But it's okay because it was too damn hot to wear it, anyway. I also got some shorts and some teaching clothes (a green washable suede skirt, a neat linen shirt, and a lacy blue flowery tank top to wear under a shirt or jacket). Karel and I watched Briget Jone's Diary and fell asleep pretty early.
I had a weird dream about waking up in the hotel room at like 11:00 am and missing breakfast. Then I decided that I was upset that I slept in that late and I magically turned the clock back two hours. Then I fake woke up and it was only 9:00 and I was happier. Then I for real woke up at 8:51 when my dad called to tell me to get up and go get breakfast. I always have weird dreams in hotel rooms. I think it's because I make them so deliciously cold that I sleep so well. Also, this place (the Marriott Springhill Suites) had the softest hotel sheets and blankets of any place I've ever stayed in.
I watched Biker Boyz this morning on HBO. It made me teary eyed; that's not really surprising to anyone who has ever watched movies with me. Then we went to the memorial park (ie cementary) to see my grandmother's grave. Then we went to my Pap Pap's (grandfather's) place and put more stuff from their place into our car to take home. My parent's then took Pap Pap to Walmart to get some stuff (flowers) and then went to the memorial park (to put the flowers on the grave). I think memorial park is just a crappy cementary with no head stones or crypts or monuments (so, nothing really interesting to look at). Then we took more old people (great aunts), Pap Pap, my aunt and uncle who live in Pittsburgh (the uncle who made rude comments to Kayla about her boobs and figure which, of course, my mom had to tell my aunt and uncle that I had been annoyed about that and they continues to say that if you have them out there then you deserve whatever comments you get which I don't agree with because none of my friends who are young made any sort of comments what so ever and since he's older he should have known better), and one of my mom's cousins and her husband to Eat'N Park. It was slow, but okay. Then we hurriedly left after dropping off one of my great aunts. Then once we got off the turnpike traffic was horrible getting onto 70, so we took a different and mountainous route home. It took a long time and we are finally home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kayla said...

Haha, your family is full of prudes!! Or, at the very least, jealous people with smallish boobs, or no boobs at all (cause they're male). The funniest part is that I wasn't really showing a lot of "cleavage" per se, you had to be looking down the front to see anything besides the general size, which cannot be helped. D's don't hide under clothes, bra or no bra. :)
Oh well, next time you have a family thing, make sure it will be at a pool so I can wear a too small swimsuit top and give them something to really talk about. =Þ
Ever wanted to see an uncle's eyes bug out of his head?
I'm so bad.
Anyway, on the other Schnebele family related note, I hope your mom is feeling better after her quasi-heart malfunction and trip to Pittsburgh. I wonder if it had something to do with the clotting problem in your family. Do send her my best wishes, and tell her I think this is an time for more wine. Miss you, hope swimming things are going splendidly!

6/15/2004 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home