Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Sometimes you have to change your plans

So, I was totally going to have a relaxing and fun-filled day of Harry Potter reading and napping, but something happened that changed my plans. So, I had gotten up and was eating breakfast when the phone rang and it was my mom. She needed Karel and I to come pick her up from school and take her to Kaiser. She had chest pains earlier this morning and was going to have to go to Kaiser to get things looked at. So, I drove her to Kaiser and she was seen immediately. The plus side of the story is that I needed to go there eventually to pick up some prescriptions so it kinda worked out well. The doctor there had her for a while and did an EKG and then called me into the exam room where she proceeded to tell me that I was going to drive my mother to the hospital because I would be faster than an ambulance. Now, this was starting to freak me out. The doctor said my mom's EKG wasn't bad, but it wasn't perfect, either. So I drove my mom to Holy Cross hospital and we waited in triage. They are a little slow at Holy Cross, don't go there if you can avoid it. So, they did another EKG and blood work and after being there for about three or four hours we were finally seen by a doctor. The doctor said that she didn't have a heart attack, but something was off. So, now she's being admitted and held over night for observation and a stress test in the morning. So, I've had a long day. I left home at about ten thirty and got back around seven. I was at Holy Cross from one until about 6:30.
It's fun to be me.

1 Comments:

Blogger aducore said...

I hope your mom gets better quickly

6/08/2004 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home