Monday, June 07, 2004

Sunday

Sunday was another long day. I joined Ben, his brothers, and his father to Ben's cousin's high school graduation get together. Originally Ben wanted to go up on his own so he could make an appearance and then leave, but that plan was smashed when his dad mentioned that we should all go in Ben's new car. Now, the majority of all sedans are designed to seat five people, but not very comfortably. So, instead of taking their large eight passenger van or large tahoe, we took Ben's malibu. The only car that would make less sense to take five people anywhere is Ben's mom's beetle convertible which was thankfully with her at Ocean City. Now, if this had been like a short trip, the car wouldn't have been that bad, but it was an hour long trip to Frederick. It wasn't horribly uncomfortable, just uncomfortable enough to make you wonder why we didn't take one of the many larger vehicles sitting in the Custead driveway.
The party was pretty boring. One of the more boring graduation parties I've been to, but Ben was nice, so that was good. Then we came back and I was hungry. Ben was nice and sacrificed two hours of his time to go see the new Harry Potter movie with me. I can't decide whether I liked it or not. I think it might have been the atmosphere of a crappy theater and lots of antsy kids who kept talking and moving around. I did like the directing. It was very visibly appealing. I think they left out too much of the book to make it as emotionally impacting as the book. They should have made it longer. Makes me wonder what they're going to do with the fourth and fifth books that are way longer than the third. But, on the plus side, I didn't get as mad about them wearing normal clothes as I thought I would. But they totally left out a lot of the characters, like I don't think I saw any of the professors except the divination teacher, Lupin, a little bit of Snape, and Hagrid. It felt very rushed. Why can't movies be like six hours long? We could see them in segments.
Today I am reading the fifth book because I'm bad. I am also trying to catch the loose chipmunk in my room. Chipmunks smell bad when they start to decay, so I want to catch it before it dies. It looked pretty chipper this morning when I was chasing it around, so it should could out eventually. I also need to work on the swim team bulletin board. I think I'll start that after I take a shower.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Hum. I thought it was the crappy theater. Did you also notice that the left side of the screen was out of focus? I can't believe that the stupid Olney theater charges eight dollars for a nonmatinee movie. This is wrong since Regal in Harrisonburg only charges $7.50 for regular time movies and that theater is way nicer.

6/07/2004 12:27 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Affluence? Doesn't that mean that Olney should have a nicer theater than Harrisonburg? Hello! It's in a crappy part of Virginia.

6/08/2004 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home