Wednesday, August 29, 2007

4 Weeks

Ben and I have been married for four weeks now. We got out Bermuda marriage certificate in the mail. I was fairly confused when the envelope came in the mail because it said "In her Majesty's service" and couldn't figure out what junk mail says that on it.

On our four week anniversary Ben purchased a new car. He got one to match mine. We now have two dark blue Toyotas. Mine was a lot cheaper and now a luxury edition of the Rav 4 (which are no longer as small and ridiculous as they used to be).

I spent 13 hours at work today. I was in meetings for 6 hours (1 three hour meeting - the information in it was condensed from a 16 hour training module - about the school improvement plan, 1 one hour team meeting about what we're going to do next year, and 1 two hour meeting planning what we're going to actually teach this year with the new pacing guide). I spent 4 additional hours talking with my mentee or team members about school related things. Non-school related conversations totalled about an hour. Out of the building time limited to a fifteen minute trip to Starbucks.

Tomorrow is an all day conference for all middle school personnel in Fairfax. We leave the school by bus at 7:15 in the morning and won't be dismissed to get back on the bus until 4. This means that we'll probably get to leave the parking lot by 4:30 - 4:45. I am not looking forward to tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Storer said...

I was hoping the marriage certificate was actually a letter saying that I had been accepted as a double-oh agent, or maybe that I'm to be knighted for my services to the British Empire. But alas, it was only to confirm that we're married.

8/30/2007 2:14 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

I'd shoot myself if I had to be around kids this long. Love Annalee.

8/30/2007 2:17 PM  
Blogger Ms. Schnebele said...

There were no kids. It was all professional development. Today, at another eight hour day of professional development, a speaker told a joke about a teacher going to heaven. She is shown around all sorts of different neighborhoods in heaven. They stop at the nice one and it is surprisingly empty. The teacher asks if no other teachers made it to heaven. The guide says no, everybody will be back; they're just visiting hell for staff development.

I very rarely have 13 hour days when the kids are in school. It's just all these stupid meetings.

8/30/2007 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home