Thursday, May 24, 2007

New Things I've Cooked This Week

1. Jerk chicken (and fake chicken). I like the spicy rub on veggie nuggets. Very good.
2. Okra. Yes, I've had okra, I went to school in the "south," but I've never cooked with it. It was pretty good, for slimy okra not deep fried.
3. Plantains. Surprisingly delicious. Like a banana-sweet-potato-ey potato. I made sweet plantains. Next time I'll make the mashed potatoey version in the magazine.
4. Edamame. Okay, so I've heard it's delicious, and it is. Buttery, soft, chewy. Giant delicious protein rich peas of goodness! I've always looked at the big containers of edamame at Costco and thought about getting them. Now, totally going to make them a normal part of my food bag of tricks.
5. Panna Cotta. Delicious sour cream custard.
6. Cookies with dried strawberries. I thought these would suck, but they wer surprisingly good. Now I just wish I had more people near me to come and eat food so I can try to cook more things.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kayla said...

I'm with you on all but #5 obviously... While I love plaintains (especially plaintain chips) I can't make them myself though, so next time I visit feel free to make me some. =)

PS when is school over?

5/25/2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

June 18th! ARGH! Three more weeks,

5/26/2007 10:55 AM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Boourns. :( Killed any kids yet?
It's 2 weeks now!
let me know how things are going at some point; unfortunately I've been busy as fuck catching up from missing the first day of bar review class, but I can shoot up one weekend day whenever you'd have time.

6/04/2007 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home