Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Okay, so for picky people who don't already know what's happening, Ben and I have a contract in on a house on South King's Highway in Alexandria, VA. It's really in Fairfax County, but it's called Alexandria. It's the one mentioned below as Creme Puff Manor. It is closer to both Ben's and my jobs, therefore it is a step in the right direction. Hopefully we will close on it before the end of February (well, we have to considering that we just gave 30 day notice to our apartment complex that we're leaving).

Anyway, my mom is going to be in the hospital probably for at least another day. Turns out she has three blood clots. Two are in her lungs and another is in her leg. I went and visited her for like five hours today and almost threw up/passed out only once! This is a big improvement over the last time I visited her in the hospital and threw up. No, wait, last time I took her to the hospital everything stayed down and I did not lose conciousness. Go me!

I've taken off work tomorrow and am going to spend the day entertaining my mom in her little hospital room. I'm thinking word search puzzles and knitting. I am also going to bring her a latte so she won't be super crabby. My dad was nice and snuck her in a bottle of wine for her dinner tonight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say hi and hope that your mom is doing much better. Congrats on your new place! I have a kitten now... hope to talk with you soon!

Amy

2/19/2007 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home