Monday, April 10, 2006

Wedding Location Search - Chevy Chase Women's Club

The second stop this morning was the the Chevy Chase Women's Club in, you guess it, Chevy Chase. My mom picked this location to look at for a couple reasons: 1. It's where she got married almost thirty years ago (yay for sentimentality). 2. We thought it was relatively cheap (not so, it turns out to be $2200 to rent the place for eight hours on a Sunday and that's all it covers -- renting the building, using the ugly tables and chairs). When my mom got married there, it was actually nice looking and a relatively nice place. However, while a lot has changed in thirty years, it seems like the people at the women's club have not. 1. All the members there were OLD. Like great grandparents old. 2. No updates have been made to the facility in the past thirty years. I found a pile of old Christmas cards from the sixites in a pile in the upstairs "Board Room." The place smelled like and looked like my grandmother's basement. So, this place is definetly out for us. Also, the building manager is a crazy old man who kept raving about how these kids did grafitti on stickers and put them places. Not only did he mention this to us at noon when we arrived, but he also mentioned this to another lady we met later on who had an early appointment there today.


Okay, I'm doing this without actually being able to see the pictures I'm uploading, so here goes my guesses about what each picture is about. I think this is one where it shows the chairs the place provides. Yeah. They look pretty bad. The scary thing: my mom pulled out her wedding album from 1977 when she got married there. They're the same chairs. As Ben says, it doesn't look like they've been cleaned since my mom used them.



I think this is a picture of the main room - the auditorium. This could be a really neat place to rent. The room has columns and a nice stage. However, it needs lots of decoration to make it look updated and inviting.


Okay, this is the back of the auditorium with my mom and the old codger who kept yelling at the janitor to do better and clean faster and answer the phone.


This is the library with one of the fire places. There are some cute aspects to this place, but it's just not worth the money to rent it at all. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home