Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Newton White - Part 3

More on Newton White. Here is the view from the side porch. This is where they suggest serving drinks and munchies during cocktail hour. But, this is also a good picture to show the view, again.


Here is the patio where the ceremony would take place. It is quite lovely. The mansion also has cute, white folding bistro chairs for people to sit on during the ceremony.


Here is a larger picture of the patio. It's quite spacious. I have a hard time picturing what it will look like in the summer with the trees actually all green and lovely. However, for an outdoor spot, I think it'll be fairly cool and shady.


Here's a picture of the fountain and the mansion. I rescued a frog from the fountain. It was stuck in there and not looking so lively. So, I got a stick and tried to have it climb on the stick. Well, it was too tired to do that, so Ben's mom got it to hold on the stick and then I reached in and pulled it out. Hopefully it'll live.


This is a view of the side of the mansion. The big window is that bay window in the ballroom. The white windows on the left are to the large porch.

So, I guess I like Newton White mansion. And, the price is a lot better than what it's advertised on the website (there's like a $900 county resident discount for people who live in Montgomery or PG counties). This makes the price for seven hours on a Sunday $2800. That is a lot more reasonable than the $4000 quoted on the website.

I don't know. When I saw this place online I loved it. And, it is quite stunning. However, I don't know if I don't like it because I've talked myself out of it because I thought it was ridiculously expensive. I don't know. I want a just gut reaction that says that this is the place. It is so odd for me to go out for a day and not know what I want. I kindof make up my mind really quickly on things like this once I actually go and see them. For example, I went to go look at cars one day and ended up driving off with one that day. Ugh. I kindof need to figure this out before my courtsey hold on July 29, 2007 expires on April 20th. I think I'm going out with my mom again on Thursday or Friday to look at more places. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home