Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Lodge at Little Senenca Creek

The last place we went yesterday was the Lodge at Little Senenca Creek. This is a neat, rustic cabin with a beautful view of a large, open lawn and trees. It is a log cabin and therefore looks like a log cabin. The walls are made of wooden boards that fight nicely together. However nice it is, it's not the place for my summer wedding. I don't want to go in the whole rustic-campy-log-cabin theme. This would be a nice location for a fall or winter wedding, and I would probably choose this place if I were getting married in those seasons. The $1600 Sunday price tag and free one-hour rehersal make me wish that this place worked out better.



This is the back wall of the cabin. It has lots of windows (but they have ugly blinds - wood veneer blinds...). One big drawback of this place is the amount of decorating required to make it look nice. It would need some sort of swags above the windows and a lot of plant life to make it feel fresh for the summer. Also, notice how rustic even the lights look on the ceiling.


I really wish I were getting married in the fall/winter because this fire place actually works. See my mom on the left for help in scale. The woman who showed us around said a lot of people actually have the fire place cleaned out in the summer and put and light candles in the fire place. That would look lovely.


Here is the back poarch and lawn in the back of the cabin. This would be a lovely place to have our short ceremony. This location also has white picnic chairs that we could set out on the lawn for guests to sit on (yay for not having to rent things!). One big draw back at this place is the wood-boring bees. They are the size of unshelled double peanuts. THEY ARE HUGE! The lady said that they don't bite people, and they didn't seem to be interested in us when we got close to them, but they still freak me out.

Here is the front entrance to the cabin and my mom.

So, no Lodge at Seneca Creek. This disapoints me because I was looking forward to not spending lots of money here. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home