Monday, June 06, 2005

It's true...

I never believed that teachers wanted school to be over more than the students. This was until I was correcting students on the number of days left in the year. They had no idea and I had to pull out a calendar and show them. There are three weeks left .... 3 real instructional days this week (no school today and my team is going on a field trip to New York on Friday which will honestly be worst than teaching considering we're leaving at 5:00 in the morning and returning at 11:30 at night...). A full week next week (stupid full week of school!). And then three instructional days the final week (Friday they are only there until 10:30 so I see each class for about eight minutes...) and that Friday is Eight Grade Day and we'll be in a contained fun area all day. I'm hoping my team is going to have a team day or something (which we probably won't because my team leader is not all about that).

I only have three weeks left, but it still seems like an insurmountable amount of days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

Hooray for New York!

Where're you guys going? The Met?

While I image you won't have any free time, I do have the afternoon off, so if you are actually able to meet up somewhere, let me know.

6/08/2005 12:18 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

My horrible long day starts at Liberty Science Center and then we eat a brown bag lunch on the bus/ferry to Ellis Island. Then we're going to the Statue of Liberty and then off to Central Park or Times Square - I don't know. I'll look at our schedule tomorrow and let you know. It would be neat to meet up with you tomorrow sometime (especially in the afternoon when we have more unstructured/museum free time).

6/08/2005 6:07 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

WILL! I'll be in Times Square tomorrow between 3:30 and 6:00. We are going to be at Mama Sbarros for dinner at 5:00 pm. I'll be online later or try to find your email so I can send you my cell phone number to see if you want to see my horribly students when I'm in New York.

6/09/2005 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home