Sunday, August 13, 2006

Urgh

I spent the past week with Ben and his family in North Carolina. It was nice. I didn't realize how nice and relaxing it was until we got home Saturday morning at two and I put my head down on my pillow. Apparently I was able to forget all the things I needed to do while on vacation, because it all came back to me. I don't think I've slept well since I've been home.

Stressors:
1. Finish proof reading my paper, make my slides, and send it all off for the conference on Aug. 22nd (waiting for Ben to proof for me).
2. Finish my unit for honors.
3. Make a decision about the wedding. IE, meet with Ben's mom's friend, the travel agent, to figure out what the cost would be, how it would work, etc. (Waiting for Ben to set this up -- which he just said he wouldn't do today, or this week.)
4. If we are not going for the destination wedding, then I need to book some vendors for Newton White. If we are going with the destination wedding, then I need to have my mom cancel our reservation on Newton White so we don't have to pay my mom the $750 cancelation fee if no one else reserves the mansion for our date.
5. Clean up all the stuff from vacation and before.
6. Go to parent's house and clean up all my childhood stuff from the basement.

And it looks like I'm going to have to do this all on my own.

3 Comments:

Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

my suggestion? elope. go do your own thing. come back to maryland and have a fancy party. that way you don't have to go through all the agonizing organization, just the fun organization... i mean, the party wouldn't be the wedding , it'd just be a party in honor of the wedding and therefore, in theory at least, there'd be less riding on it.

8/16/2006 7:10 AM  
Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

or rather a party in honor of your marriage... you knew what i meant.

8/16/2006 7:10 AM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Just so long as you get to wear something pretty... We didn't go dress shoppin' for nuthin'. I demand to see you in sparkles!
=P

8/18/2006 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home