Monday, June 18, 2007

Argh!

So, I've spent a lot of time looking at postage before I got my invitations weighed. I had picked out the perfect RSVP postage. They were blue triangles with ships commemorating the anniversary of Jamestown. They were perfect! Now they don't sell them online any more. Hello! They were on there like three weeks ago! Now I'm going to be a crazy bride going to all the local post offices to buy enough ship stamps for my RSVP envelopes. And yes, I have considered using other postage but A.) all the other 41 cent stamps are ugly (liberty bell, flag, star wars). 2. ) there are some neat 39 cent stamps, but none of them match with the ugly 2 cent additional postage stamp. III.) Zazzle custom stamps are cool, but are $70 more than just getting regular postage.

Also, the only 58 cent stamps they have online are of a republican. I can't have a republican on my invitations.

Now I shall go to many different post offices to procure all of their Jamestown stamps and create an elaborate combination of Katherine Anne Porter, long horn sheep, and Navajo necklaces to create 58 cents worth of postage.

5 Comments:

Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

while part of me feels this is a noble effort in comprehensive design, the other part me thinks, "hey! star wars stamps? cool!" and also surely the stamp isn't worth all that effort...

6/18/2007 8:54 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Storer said...

What about this Republican?

6/19/2007 9:51 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Nope. Not even that Republican. He's not really all the awesome. Alot of his awesomeness is trumped out.

6/19/2007 2:55 PM  
Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

trumped out? is that some kind of hip jive you picked up playing bridge? you kids...

6/20/2007 7:09 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I hate you all.

6/20/2007 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home