Thursday, October 14, 2004

How to make me feel incompetent

So, we had this parent mini conference thing today at school. I thought things had gone well and was feeling pretty good about my ability. Then I got a copy of this email that a parent had sent the principal; "I just wanted to say "thank you" for going past 9:00am and for having this. The teachers on Team 8-8 are wonderful. Mrs. Dutchie, Mrs. White, Mrs. Bullock and Mrs. Williamson are great teachers as are the others and my son is really enjoying their classes."
Whose name is not mentioned? Which of the four core teachers is not mentioned?
What a great way to throw me into a depression when my parents are going to be gone all weekend and Ben seemed unhappy with me earlier this week.
I think I'm going to stay in bed all weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kayla said...

Here's something that should make you feel better: at least you aren't having an entire semester-long class on contracts... and having a midterm in it today. Do you have an idea how ridiculously boring contract law is *falls asleep thinking about it*.
Even if this thought doesn't make you feel better, I am sorry that people suck. I would say though, perhaps they were unsure of how to spell your name? The other ones seem pretty straightforward, and as a shitty speller, your last name can be kind of hard. Maybe if all they'd had was stuff you'd written your name on when they were composing the letter, then they'd really be in trouble. Although, now that I think about it, I bet your handwriting has far surpassed mine. I've been taking notes on my laptop and not handwriting much, and I bet you've been writing notes all over things... so I guess just forgo that last point.
Don't be too sad, remember, parents are dumb too.
Oh yeah, and Ben needs to get rid of his rule about you not putting things on your blog if you want to talk to him about them... or lower it to like a 2 day delay rule or something. I feel out of the loop with my sexylicious woman!

10/15/2004 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home