Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Boondocks

So, everyone is aware that Rick James died like last Friday at the age of 56 of "natural causes" (or, as Ben suggested, "cocaine is a natural cause."). Now, I missed out on the whole Rick James popularity when he was a part of pop culture the first time, and I know him mostly from his retellings of events with Charlie Murphy on the Chapell Show.
The Boondocks is a comic strip found in the Washington Post and has some of the most astute jokes on the whole page. It is usually good for a "funny cuz it's true" laugh. Monday and Tuesday were particularly entertaining.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kayla said...

ROTFLMAO @ Tuesday's comic strip.

Q: What do the 5 fingers say the face?
A1: SLAAAAAP?
A2: Nothing, I'm dead Rick James, bitch.

SAD CAUSE IT IS TRUE: Everytime I hear "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer, I will have a moment where I slip into the words of "Superfreak" and think of Rick James, and also of Dave Chappell. Then I recommence my dufus-rapping, feeling just a little more dead inside.

8/17/2004 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home